The emptiness was swallowed. In the end, nothing was left except tired. She took to the pillows with ease. Found her pulse where needle injections hurled insults into the vein. And breathed through another night, absent of light.
Add your favorite sad song that plays on repeat when you are in a funk!
lay ears upon me
the steady beat of fever
the silent wings fly
I miss handwritten notes, long talks, music, and prayers. I miss Indiana friends.
I feel a victim of the present instant gratification culture. Unwittingly, I have been swallowed whole by a mob mentality of shoving and pushing our way to the top. The guise of morality when we know we are sinners. The breach of sacred life has been cheapened with money.
I know myself. But how well? And how well do I know you? Are we all numbers and votes and popularity slogans? Will I be diminished if the politicians and I disagree?
Perhaps I best live and let it all go. Release the slogans and messages, the poetry and art. Let my world be still. To then be reborn, so when I write or paint or dance it means I am living free. To not feed the monsters we all have become.
Endurance. Fire. Water. Emerge. Make a splash. Boundaries and halos. Forgiveness. Clarity. Path forward. Joy. Fog. Agony… The peace promised will arrive on time. Do not give up.
It has been quite a week. How has your week been? Care to share? Please do.
—I never desired a martyr to die. I hungered and thirsted for a friend to see and know me. Me. To hear choice words and allow my limbs to tumble too.
—I don’t understand. Maybe I never will. It feels rocky. Like a ledge in the abyss. I guess Ill post a poem to feel love. Because im feeling lost on a track going nowhere. Maybe i set the sign in the middle of the track and i thought you hadn’t read all this time. Adrift in space with nothing to hold, i had to find another way.
What becomes of a broken heart
the forgiving of others
the turning away?
Where to begin my story? The ending is quite clear. The present state of affairs is wiped clean and a kinder, gentler, loving world appears. A fairy tale or truth?
If my heart were petaled, once upon a time, one petal was despair, another pain. Then to equalize my experience, a random lock of love would please my mind. This may sound reasonable. But it remains unbearable. Life becomes a game.
My petaled heart cries “He loves me. He loves me.” It can be no other way.
Ishita Gupta @ Thoughts Resonate sent out a few questions and kindly asked for my reply. 😘❤️ Of course dear. 🤗🎶
- What do you love to do, except blogging? I grow a garden, My Promise Garden, which celebrates my grandfather and father’s love of nature. I practice expressive arts, cook, photography, and love music. I learned to play the piano for my personal enjoyment. I hike, bike, and volunteer at a homeless shelter. The joy of children brings me happiness!
- Is there anything on your bucket list, which you could share with us? I want to visit Scotland and perhaps stay there for a year in the future. I want to live on an island with someone special, turn off the internet, and learn all about that person! And maybe never return here. 🤔
- Is there any place in the world, that you desperately want to visit? Or someplace that has already captured your heart? Scotland. I loved London and Amsterdam.
- Do you like reading? If yes, could you share 5 of your favourite books? Wally Lamb, This Much is True. I read all 700+ pages in a day. It was that good. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood. Love’s Executioner, Irvin Yalom. I loved all of Yalom’s books. I like psychological thrillers. So Spider, Patrick McGrath. I love all McGrath’s books too.
- If given a chance, would you like to change something about yourself ? If yes, what? My insecurities. About everything.
- What is your life mantra? Church is poetry. Poetry is life. A life well lived. I developed it while blogging.
- Do you have any weird phobias? Or any phobias? For a period of time I could not leave the house. Im happy I no longer fear whatever caused me to hide. I cannot drink 7UP.
- What does an empty room remind you of? Anxiety. I like my collections and to be surrounded by beautiful things.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Those who don’t read and gather facts before judging. People who jump to conclusions without listening. Harsh people.
- What’s your spirit animal? All animals speak in a special language that can teach us. But those that especially touch me are hummingbird, whale, cougar, loon, and moose. They have all appeared in dreams and visions, leaving very specific messages just for me.
- What motivates you to write? On my blog, I enjoy the virtual company. Although even here I am rather shy. On my own, to better know myself.
If you would like, do answer Ishita’s questions. And read her blog too. Beautiful, surreal words that find a nesting spot in your heart and mind.